Written by Patrick Echatah
Gerard Pique has been talking about Barcelona’s continued financial issues and is surprised to hear the club still need to make sales this summer before they can buy.
- Three Takeaways From Arsenal And Tottenham Play Out Derby Thriller
- EPL Round-Up: Newcastle Run Riot To Rip Up Record Books, More Problems For Poch; As Liverpool Show Their Class
- Ronaldo And Mane Proving To Be One Of The Deadliest Duos In World Football
- Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur 2-2: Spurs Fight Back Twice In Stalemate
- Watkins Scores Lone Goal In Aston Villa’s 1-0 Victory Over Chelsea
The defender announced his retirement in November 2022 and has since been followed out of the Barcelona exit door by Sergio Busquets and Jordi Alba.
Yet Barcelona are still struggling to strengthen this summer, leaving Pique fairly perplexed by the whole situation.
“I’m glad I left because I gave Barça space on the salary scale but the release of the salary is very funny because we have left and we continue to struggle with FFP,” he said.
“Who else has to go? In theory, we captains were the ones responsible for our salaries. We’ve all left. Now we’re not here and Barcelona still can’t sign players either.”
Barcelona have had their viability plan given the OK by La Liga which means new contracts can be registered. However, the club must still offload players before they can bring in any new signings.
Barcelona’s Ez Adbe is going to be targeted by a few teams this summer. The youngster made a name for himself in his loan season with Osasuna.
The Moroccan was a key part in the club nabbing a Copa del Rey final spot and a top 10 La Liga finish.
There have been conflicting reports about where Abde will be playing his football next season. Some say he will return to Barca as part of their season plans, others are reporting that he will head out on loan or a permanent deal.
Do you have a story tip?
Kindly Email: email@example.com