Written By Uche Dozie
Premier League strugglers Southampton have confirmed the signing of Ghana’s 2022 World Cup midfielder Kamaldeen Sulemana from French club Rennes.
He moves the Saint Mary’s on a four and half year deal for around €25 million, a club record transfer fee.
According to the Athletic, Southampton will pay further €3m in add-ons providing certain clauses are met.
- ‘Not A Chance’ – Emery Pours Cold Water On Luiz Aston Villa Transfer Exit Amid Arsenal Links
- FC Cincinnati’s Luciano Acosta Bags 2023 MLS MVP Award
- U.S. Still In The Running For 2027 FIFA Women’s World Cup
- Jose Mourinho Could Turn Down Saudi Arabia Offer To Replace Carlo Ancelotti
- AC Milan Have Two Options To Replace Giroud As Their Top Striker In The Summer
The 20-year-old ultimately chose Southampton ahead of Everton, who made a verbal offer for him on Sunday, with the club tracking the forward since his time FC Nordsjaelland.
He has scored five goals after thirty-three matches after struggling for regular time this season.
Belgian topflight club, Anderlecht have signed striker Islam Slimani from French Ligue 1 side, Brest on loan till the end of the season with the option for a further year.
Anderlect announced his signing late on Tuesday evening.
“RSC Anderlecht has recruited Islam Slimani (34). The striker joins us from French first division side Stade Brestois and signed a contract until the end of the season., A club statement read.
The 34-year-old has played 18 games for Brest this season, including 16 in Ligue 1 scoring twice with three assists.
Do you have a story tip?
Kindly Email: email@example.com