Written by Oluwaseun Oyediji
The 33-year-old captain from Navarra will complete her fifth season as a lioness at Athletic Club
Athletic Club and Marta Unzué have closed an agreement to extend her contract until June 2023.
The midfielder came to Lezama in the 2018/2019 season on loan from FC Barcelona, after defending the Blaugrana shield for 12 seasons.
- Estelle Johnson: Cameroon Defender Returns To Courage
- NWSL: Portland Thorns Coach Resigns Amidst Scandals
- Ez Abde Sends Spain Warning Ahead Of World Cup Clash
- Nacho Unsure About Real Madrid Contract Renewal — Report
- Juventus Risk Relegation With Fresh Messages Uncovered
Since August 2018, Berriozar’s team has played a total of 95 games, and next season they can become a centenary with the red-and-white shirt.
In this course, she has played 25 games under Iraia Iturregi.
Unzué is a player who brings experience and hierarchy to midfield and is currently one of the captains of the squad.
Manchester United is in talks to sign Athletic Club forward Lucía García.
The forward is also linked to Real Madrid, but United is said to be leading the race to sign the Spanish international.
Do you have a story tip?
Kindly Email: firstname.lastname@example.org