Written by Oluwaseun Oyediji
After the long-term injury of Griedge Mbock, Lyon are desperate to sign a defender before the window closes.
According to Le Progres, the shortlist of potential signings include the American duo of Abby Dahlkemper and Alanna Cook, the English duo of Alex Greenwood and Jess Carter, Scottish Jen Beattie, and Dutch Aniek Nouwen.
Lyon defender Griedge Mbock is set to be sidelined for a minimum of six months after dislocating her right knee while on international duty with France.
San Diego midfielder, Abby Dahlkemper has only played six games for the team in the United States National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL).
- Charles De Ketelaere Continues To Shine For Atalanta As Juventus Get Domenico Berardi Boost
- Europa Conference League round-up: Legia outsmart Aston Villa, Frankfurt and Fenerbahçe secure win
- Europa League round-up: Liverpool, West Ham, Rangers triumph, Brighton defeated
- Obituary: Sheffield United Announce Passing Of Maddy Cusack
- Manchester United Board Hold ‘Extraordinary Meeting’ Over Antony And Greenwood – Report
OL Reign’s Alanna Cook has played 15 games for the NWSL this season and might be hard for OL Reign to release her.
29-year-old Manchester City defender, Alex Greenwood might fancy a return to Lyon after spending the 2019/2020 season with the French D1 Arkema side.
Chelsea defender, Jessica Carter, Arsenal’s Jennifer Beattie, and Chelsea FC Women’s Aniek Nouwen are also on the watchlist of Lyon.
According to Le Parisien, an agreement is “close to being reached” for Manchester United midfielder, Jackie Groenen.
Read Also – Relive Nigeria’s First AFCON Appearance In 1976
The transfer fee has not been reported but Groenen was in France with PSG this week.
Marc Skinner, on deadline day, said United were “not expecting to do any business as things stand” according to Em Sandy.
Do you have a story tip?
Kindly Email: email@example.com