fbpx

Written By Onyeka Daniel

In the last few days, reports on the looming deadline for the repayment of the Oaktree loan has dominated the news for Inter Milan and at some point, it looked to overshadow the impressive season that they’re currently having, where they’ll probably win the Serie A title in their next game or two.

More Details

But there had been some relief for the Chinese owners, Suning, with reports that Steven Zhang is close to reaching an agreement with another company to refinance the expiring loan after Oaktree refused to refinance the agreement between them.


LATEST POSTS

Chelsea Trigger Omari Hutchinson Contract Extension Option

Everton Credited With Interest In Manchester City Outcast

Tottenham Hotspur Confirm Timo Werner’s Loan Extension

Diego Gomez: Inter Miami Star Linked With EPL Move


The reports further stated that this is just a temporary solution, to give the Zhang family more time to either find a minor investor or someone that can buy the club totally. For Finnish entrepreneur Thomas Zilliacus, he has been quoted in the past as being interested in buying the club, and after taking a temporary reprieve, he has resumed his bid to buy the club.

he has now urged Suning to sell Inter and confirmed he made a bid to buy the club in February. Thomas Zilliacus confirmed in an exclusive interview with The Italian Football Podcast he was interested in buying Inter and came ‘very close’ to finalising a deal with Suning in February.

“It’s time for Suning to sell Inter. Kicking can down the road. I made a very serious, complete bid to buy 100% of Inter presented to Suning in February. We were very close to concluding the deal,” said Zilliacus. Young Inter President, Zhang is expected to keep control of the club beyond June.

La Gazzetta Dello Sport reported last week that the Nerazzurri owner is still in talks with the American fund but has also started negotiations with a UK group that could give the club president a new long-term loan. Inter will soon win the second Serie A title under Zhang’s ownership.

If they beat their city rivals Milan in the derby della Madonnina on Monday, they will win a historic 20th Scudetto. With further plans to build their own stadium, it is expected that there will be a rise in value for the club. Coupled with interest from the Middle East also being reported recently.

And of course, there was a recent report that the go ahead to give Inter captain, Lautaro Martinez a new and improved contract has arrived from Suning, so between now and the end of the season, there should be a positive update in that regard, so it looks like the current owners have a long term plan in place for the club, despite their recent travails.

this is most evident by the recent upturn in terms of revenue for the club and if the trend continues n subsequent seasons and they continue to see success on the pitch, it will further increase the value of the club, driving up the selling price which is currently pegged at around €1 billion.

Meanwhile…

Tuttosport reports that PSG and Real Madrid are interested in Marcus Thuram and Alessandro Bastoni each, but Inter want at least €80m for each of their stars. La Liga giants Real Madrid are interested in Inter and Italy defender Bastoni.

While PSG are monitoring his teammate Thuram according to a report from Tuttosport. The report further added that Carlo Ancelotti has demanded a new central defender in Madrid this summer and Bastoni is one of the names on the Merengues’ agenda. Bastoni is also a target for Manchester City.

But the signing of Joško Gvardiol last summer makes a bid from Manchester improbable. Gazzetta reported last month that Bastoni was one of the five Serie A stars who could leave in the summer with an adequate offer, but the Italian said in a recent interview that he is not considering leaving San Siro currently.

Read Also: Juventus Turn Their Attention Towards Manchester United Forward After Felipe Anderson Decision

At the same time, PSG are keeping a close eye on France international Thuram, who is also under contract with Inter. The Ligue 1 giants were in talks with the 26-year-old a year ago, before his free transfer to the Stadio Meazza.It Is reported that the Nerazzurri won’t sell their stars for less than €80m.

Do you have a story tip?
Kindly Email: keepup@bettitude.com

You can also follow us on FacebookInstagramTwitter and YouTube

Bookmark (0)
ClosePlease login

About Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Be in the Know! Subscribe To BettiSports Daily Newsletter