Written by Patrick Echatah
Barcelona winger Ez Abde has warned Spain his Morocco team are capable of dumping La Roja out of World Cup 2022 ahead of their last 16 clash on Tuesday.
- Sam Kerr Replaced Ahead Of Australia Clash With Olympic Champions
- The End Of Ten Hag? Ancelotti Lined Up To Replace Manchester United Manager – Report
- Inter Milan Wrapping Up Deal For Three Different Players For The Summer Including Portuguese Defender
- The Future Of Massimiliano Allegri At Juventus Is Far From Certain As A Familiar Figure Hovers
- Ronaldo Doubtful For Clasico
Morocco went through as group winners and will now face Spain who ended up in second place after a shock defeat to Japan.
The Atlas Lions are in the knockout stages for just the second time, but Abde says his team won’t lack for confidence against Luis Enrique’s side in Qatar.
“We trust ourselves, we think we can beat any team. Making an effort, working hard and if God is on our side, we will win,” he said.
“After 36 years we have gone down in history and we have celebrated it. We celebrate it in the locker room, we dance, we have lived some unforgettable days, it is something indescribable.”
Abde will be hoping to make an appearance in the match. The winger’s only World Cup minutes so far have come in the 0-0 draw with Croatia.
France boss Didier Deschamps has been full of praise for Robert Lewandowski ahead of his team’s last 16 clash with Poland at World Cup 2022.
Deschamps spoke about the Barcelona striker ahead of the match and is wary of the threat the 34-year-old will pose his side.
“We must make sure to limit his influence. The fewer balls he has, the less dangerous he will be,” he said.
“Beyond his intelligence, his technical skill, he uses his body very well, even if he has not always had a lot of balls in his first three matches.
Do you have a story tip?
Kindly Email: firstname.lastname@example.org