Written By Jacobs Dunga
The Borussia Dortmund captain will now miss the World Cup again due to his injury.
Borussia Dortmund captain Marco Reus will miss the third World Cup out of four since being making his debut for the national team.
- USWNT Turn The Page On Disappointing World Cup Against African Champions
- Charles De Ketelaere Continues To Shine For Atalanta As Juventus Get Domenico Berardi Boost
- Europa Conference League round-up: Legia outsmart Aston Villa, Frankfurt and Fenerbahçe secure win
- Europa League round-up: Liverpool, West Ham, Rangers triumph, Brighton defeated
- Obituary: Sheffield United Announce Passing Of Maddy Cusack
The attacker has a poor injury record and has been pegged back by niggling injuries all his career.
Since making his debut in 2010, he has missed a total of five major tournaments for his nation.
Reports coming out from SkySports Germany have it that the injury that has kept him out of action for a while now has now ultimately cost him a place in Germany’s World Cup squad.
He was not able to make the all triumphant 2014 squad due to an injury while also missing Euro 2016 to the same reason.
He played in the 2018 World Cup before another injury prevented him from making the cut for the 2020 Euros and now the 2022 World Cup.
He’s only played 48 times for Die Manschaft with a return of 15 goals since making his debut in 2010.
Another member of the German national team set up that will not be travelling to Qatar is Inter Milan wingback Robin Gosens.
The wingback has struggled with injuries and form over the last twelve months and will now be watching from home.
READ ALSO: Trent Alexander Arnold The Wingman (Video)
The 28 year old joined Inter last January but has not been the same player he was at Atalanta u fee Gian Piero Gasperini.
He’s hanging for a move away from the San Siro as he’s now found himself behind Italian rave of the moment Federico Dimarco in the pecking order.
Do you have a story tip?
Kindly Email: firstname.lastname@example.org