Written by Oluwaseun Oyediji
Co-host Australia continues to struggle ahead of the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup after a 2-0 loss to Argentina in an international friendly match on Monday.
Mariana Larroquette gave the South Americans the lead in the 17th minute of play.
It took another goal in the 90th minute to double Argentina’s lead from Aldana Cometti off Yamila Rodriguez’s assist.
The defeat ensured New Zealand’s winless streak extends to seven games.
Its last win came against the Philippines on September 7, 2022, in another friendly encounter.
- Canada Edge Australia In Christine Sinclair’s Farewell Match
- Al Shabab Players Handed Fines, Al Bulaihi’s Expulsion As Kante Returns To Training
- Al Najdi Signs New Contract
- Reports – Bryan Zaragoza Will Join Bayern Munich With German Side Willing To Trigger €14m Release Clause
- Thierry Henry Snubs Virgil Van Dijk, Names Best Defender In The Premier League
The co-host will face Norway, Switzerland, and the Philippines in Group A.
It was back-to-back victories for Argentina after a 4-0 win over Chile.
The South Americans will face Sweden, Italy, and South Africa in Group G at the World Cup.
Both New Zealand and Argentina will meet again on February 23.
Lithuania edged Armenia 1-0 in another International friendly match on Monday.
Read Also – Bettitude Women’s Footballer Of 2022
Gintra’s Paulina Sarkanaite scored the winning goal for Lithuania in the 49th minute.
Both European teams are not participating in next summer’s World Cup.
Kindly Email: email@example.com